On Sunday 14th June, at the Leas Cliff Hall in Folkestone, Clare Powis and her husband, Keith are abseiling as part of the KM Charity Team event. Clare is a volunteer at our bookshop in Palace Street, but wanted to do more to support our work and decided that this
Please visit our Winter Shelter page where you can find the 2014/15 Winter Shelter report.
Last night we won the Best Community Charity Award at the Kent Charity Awards ceremony in Rochester and here is a picture of our certificate – James Duff (Chairman of Trustees) accepting the award on behalf of Catching Lives.
We are extremely delighted to announce that CatchingLives has been selected as one of the 18 finalists in this year’s Kent Charity Awards. We are one of the 3 charities shortlisted in the Community Charity Category. The awards aim to showcase the work that Kent charities and voluntary groups do
CatchingLives volunteer Sheila Miller will be joined by her daughter Jae and grandson Oscar in a trek to the summit of Africa’s highest mountain which stands at 19,341 ft above sea level. They are hoping to raise £5,895, a pound for every metre they climb, with half of the money
A team of five will be taking part in the KM Charity Challenge Abseil on Sunday, 15 March 2015. At 11 am, Terry Gore, James Duff, Charlie Oakes, Graeme Solly and Tim Deakin will abseil down Maidstone’s tallest building in order to raise money for Catching Lives. Specialists will erect
Here is the first report from the 2014/15 shelter – CCS December 2014 report
- Catching Lives looking for new volunteer mentors
- “It Beggars Belief”- Observations on the homeless of Canterbury by Richard Hall (University of Kent)
- Canterbury Community Shelter Project Workers job advert
- Catching Lives winter shelter volunteers required- Induction evening dates
- Football table and Sleeping bags for rough sleepers provided by NCS
- Job advert- Canterbury Community Shelter Coordinator
- Catching Lives offering free training on various topics this Autumn
- Catching Lives’ Summer BBQ- Saturday 18th August 2018