A Summer garden party is being held on Saturday 27th June at 7 pm to raise money for Catching Lives. There will be a 5 course dinner with a Russian theme: Zakuski (a range of salads traditionally served as hors d’oeuvres ) Borshch Pelmeni (a Siberian type of ravioli filled with spiced meat,
We are delighted to announce that the artist Catman, who created the urban art on the side of our centre, has donated his original design piece ‘Pigs Might Fly’ to us in order for it to be auctioned. All money raised through this auction will go towards supporting the local
On Sunday 14th June, at the Leas Cliff Hall in Folkestone, Clare Powis and her husband, Keith are abseiling as part of the KM Charity Team event. Clare is a volunteer at our bookshop in Palace Street, but wanted to do more to support our work and decided that this
Please visit our Winter Shelter page where you can find the 2014/15 Winter Shelter report.
Last night we won the Best Community Charity Award at the Kent Charity Awards ceremony in Rochester and here is a picture of our certificate – James Duff (Chairman of Trustees) accepting the award on behalf of Catching Lives.
We are extremely delighted to announce that CatchingLives has been selected as one of the 18 finalists in this year’s Kent Charity Awards. We are one of the 3 charities shortlisted in the Community Charity Category. The awards aim to showcase the work that Kent charities and voluntary groups do
CatchingLives volunteer Sheila Miller will be joined by her daughter Jae and grandson Oscar in a trek to the summit of Africa’s highest mountain which stands at 19,341 ft above sea level. They are hoping to raise £5,895, a pound for every metre they climb, with half of the money
- Oli’s ‘guess the name of teddy’ competition raises money for homeless
- Canterbury Residents Group Christmas Appeal raises over £4000 for Catching Lives
- Canterbury Community Shelter 2017/18 report
- “A Life of Two Halves – How Counselling Training Changed the Game for Me”- Lecture by Terry Gore (18th April)
- St Margaret’s Church- Big night out to tackle homelessness
- Catching Lives running free training in April
- Catching Lives is recruiting for a new Volunteer Coordinator
- Indoors ‘Three Peaks’ Charity Climb for Catching Lives