On Sunday 7th June Catching Lives will be entering a team of 5, consisting of staff member Graeme and volunteers Beti, Bethany, Pablo and Justine into the Kent Messenger’s first ever charity colour fun run.
The KM Colour Run is a 5km run around the 7 acre site at BayPoint – formerly the old Pfizer social club in Sandwich. It is an activity for adults, children and all members of the family in which participants are doused from head to toe in different colours at various points throughout the run. The aim is start white (as seen in photo of Graeme below) and finish bright!
The money raised will go towards supporting the local homeless population at our day centre which is now open 7 days a week throughout the year. We provide people with basics such as breakfast, lunch, laundry service, showers, computer and phone use.
We also work towards finding accommodation for rough sleepers in the area and supporting those who are vulnerably housed.
This work relies on the generous time given, and donations received, from our local community and Catching Lives will receive 70 per cent of sponsorship raised. The remaining 30 per cent will go to the KM Charity Team’s children’s road safety work in Kent and Medway.
If you would like to sponsor the team through our ‘JustGiving’ page you can do so here