12 Month Contract
Hours: 30 hrs per week
(normally between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday but occasional weekend and evening work will be required)
Salary £25,000 (pro-rata) for the duration of the contract.
Location: Canterbury, Kent
Closing date: 15th July 2019 at midday
Interview date: 22nd July 2019
Catching Lives is seeking an experienced fund-raiser who is able to establish and maintain professional relationships with a range of individuals and organisations. It is key, to the role, that you strongly relate to the needs of the homeless and can fit within an organisation that is passionate about the work that it does and the way that it does it.
This new post is to enable us to sustain our existing services at our Canterbury Open Centre. At the moment our fundraising is effective but tactical and we need a person to bring a focus to the subject and support the staff, volunteers and our many supporters in their fundraising activities.
The main area of responsibilities are:-
- Establishing and maintaining a supporter database of key individuals, churches, educational establishments, businesses and community organisations.
- Communicate via newsletters, personal contact, presentations, social media and any other relevant means to keep our supporters aware of Catching Lives activities and the needs of the homeless.
- Through this work, generate a programme of fundraising activities and plan, manage and deliver these successfully.
- Work closely with all staff and trustees to build upon and extend the excellent community work the charity already carries out.
- Assisting with applications to Trust and Funds as required.
- Ensuring that all individual donor routes into the charity…collection agencies, internet, text etc are operating efficiently.
This role would suit someone with at least three years’ fundraising experience in the charity sector with proven income generation skills. You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills with a capacity to assimilate information from across the charity and translate it to a range of stakeholders.
The position reports directly to the General Manager and will also involve working closely with all staff and trustees.
To apply send a copy of your CV with a covering letter (setting out why you are the right person for this role) to email@example.com
Catching Lives are an equal opportunities employer and we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community, this includes anyone with a criminal record, people with young children and people with disabilities.
Registered Charity Number 1014868. Limited Company Number 2719436.